CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Window Card

Hi Everyone,

Well I must say – this one took a while! lol In fact it’s been on my desk in various stages of make for about 2 weeks!

I knew I wanted to make a window card to showcase this gorgeous Bear paper that I’ve also had sitting around for a year or so! I made one card with it back when I bought it and being the horder I am, just didn’t want to part with it until now lol.

001 (2)

Well then along came Card Crafters Circle this week with their challenge to make a card along the theme of BEARS. That really spurred me on to finish it off I can tell you!

003004

I have a friend who is sick and in need of some Hugs so I decided to send her 
some Bear Hugs – the best kind when your sick you know!

Each letter of BEAR is stuck to a little window that opens up to reveal a Bear beneath. Cute hey!

015  008

The inside is also decorated, and I’ve cut a Paw Print from the paper to leave an area to write in.

012

I made the background under the paw using distress inks, water and a wee rose stamp that matched the paper on the front of the card.

013


I’m also entering this card into the following two challenges:-
Please remember – if you haven’t already – Join into my Blogaversary Candy competition. Simply follow me and put your name in the Linky List at the bottom of this post HERE. The more people join the faster it will be drawn Smile

Even if your not interested in the Candy – you could still follow me and make it happen faster – I’m sure the other entrants won’t mind a smaller amount to draw the prize from!

6 comments:

Jennifer

This window card is incredible! I'm so glad you didn't give up! Each of your "window panes" are fabulous and I love how you added your sentiments! You should join in with us at Card Crafter's Circle! We are all bears over there this week! Hugs.

Jennifer

OOps sorry I missed the part of your post about us spurring you on I was so engrossed in your pics. I love the great pictures you take of your work!

Felicia

LOve how this turned out. Would have never thought of putting windows in like that. Great idea! *huggles* =0)

Pauline

This is FABULOUS!!! So clever to make a window card, to showcase the paper. I'm so glad we inspired you to finish the card so we could see it at the Card Crafter's Circle! Thanks for sharing with us!

Jenée

Oh what a fantastic card. Your windows are perfect, and each little bear is a delight. Thank you for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle.

Grandma Bonnie

I love "hugs" cards...so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle, please come back next week!