CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kids Card

Hello Again, welcome back, glad to see you here.

Before I begin my post, I’d just like to say that My Blogaversary Candy is available to anyone who'd like to put their name in the Linky List on this post HERE.
Of course if you follow me too, it gets drawn quicker as it ends at 133 followers!
You gotta be in it to win it!

On to today - I have this gorgeous Kids Card to share, I’ve made it using another one of the wonderful tutorials on Split Coast Stampers, this time a Cross Over card.

017

There are three parts to this card, firstly the Cross Over part, which is stuck together to make a kind of envelope base. The dp is from My Minds Eye and I’ve used one small sheet of paper – showing both sides of it. I then punched a couple of little dragon flies to break up the timber side of the paper.

020

Then the insert to fill the base, or tag if you like. I’ve stamped a flourish and used the smallest Spellbinder Labels 4 to make a tab pull on the top. I then layered a fussy cat lion onto it. A bit of sentiment – this one is Happy Birthday from my Annabelle Stamps set of All Things Grow, along with a row of stars from one of my Christmas stamp sets. Another little dragonfly in a co-ordinating colour and a fussy cut pussy cat too.

021

It sits inside the crossed over base just nicely, with the tag and lions head sticking out the top. The Ink I used was Stampin Up, Tangerine Tango.

   023

A cute band is then wrapped around the card. I’ve used Acetate for my band as I didn’t want to hide the animals on the paper. I embossed it with a cuttlebug dotty embossing folder for some texture, and so you can actually see it. It’s decorated with some ribbon and a Quick Cutz Flourish die.

      019
Voila – all done.
I’d like to share this at the following challenges:-


25 comments:

Dr Sonia S V

Everything matches so well Vicki!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Jenn Borjeson

This is adorable - thank you for joining us at Jellypark! :)

Felicia

OMGosh this card is so cute!! *huggles* =0)

Heide

Super Duper cute! Love the DP that you used, so cute. Thanks for joining us at Jellypark.
Hugs, Heide JP-DT

SAMARA

now this is adorable. I really like how you showed it step by step. It really helps understand what you did. The paper is absolutely adorable!!!!! Thanks for coming to Stamping with the Dragon. Luv Samara

Samantha

Your card is adorable! Great DP and loved your band idea with the clear acetate.

Wendy L

Looks good, I think I may have a go at this one. xxxx Thanks.xx

Unknown

Super idea

kitten - DYSU team

Unknown

Super idea

kitten - DYSU team

Barbara Colbert

Oh so cute...and great matching and layouts!! Like that criss cross card! Thanks for sharing with Speedy Fox and Friends!

Becky

I love this card, so cute and great design.
Becky x

WencheP

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Trish and Treasure

I love how you added acetate to your card. I just love the card design!!!!!Great designer paper, this card is fantabulous!!!!

Jennifer

This is an incredibly fun card and the child that gets this will love opening it! Super cute papers!

Eli

Lovely card! The animals are wonderful!
Eli (Frosted Designs)

Ann Whitfield

I love your take on our challenge at Crafty Ann's Vicki, thank you for joining us.
Ann x

Pat

How adorable is this. Love it! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Kim

Such a cute card!! Thanks for playing with Speedy Fox. Good luck to you.

Tammylee

Great detail in your card, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox.

Tammylee

Teresa Jaye

What a precious card! I love this paper line, and the cross over design you used is awesome! What a great idea to emboss the acetate, wow - that really makes a difference! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Designing with Debbie

Cute card. I love this fold. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Jennifer Scull

oh super-dee-duper cute! love the little critters on here. :)
so glad you have joined our 'something in my pocket' challenge at Jellypark Friends. :)

Mynn xx

I LOVE MAKING THESE! And I TOTALLY forgot about them! Thanks for your fabulous sample--this is amazing! :)

Unknown

This is a very incredible card with so much creativity.






plastic cards
plastic card printing

Kym's Crafty Cards

Perfect card and thanks for sharing. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx