CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Star Card

Hello Again,

Here I am spoiling you all with a couple of posts in a row!
This is a very bright, fun card that I’ve made for the Card Crafters Circle’s 4th challenge – Make it Colourful.

This is a new shape for me – a Star Card! It wasn’t as difficult as it looks, just a matter of measuring, cutting and scoring in the right places. I used a template provided to me by my friend Trish, however there are some wonderful tutorials on You Tube.

P1020950

I had a an absolute blast making this card, using bright funky star paper, another freebie from Australian Simply Cards – I love that Mag! The other paper is from the Kaiser Class of 86 6” paper pad.

The flowers I have made myself, using a tutorial on Valitas Designs & Fresh Folds , where she made some hydrangeas. I altered the design a little, adding a layer and as my heart punch has a scalloped edge to it the flowers that I made look quite different. 

 P1020951 this is the card opened up.

There are so many products on this card – Kaiser organza ribbon is something I found in the bargain bin at Kaiser Robina just before Christmas and treated myself to a couple of cards of all different colours, I topped it with red pearl gems to go with the flower centres.

The Celebrate and Champagne glasses are stamped from an unknown clear stamp, and the glasses coated in Dimensional Magic after sprinkling some clear gems about for bubbles.

P1020956

The back of the card actually shows through to the front when it is folded shut, so these areas were also covered in stars – Theresa Collins papers I believe.

P1020958

This is how it looks half open.
P1020962  P1020963

On the front I have stamped an SU sentiment “you are special” and a lovely solid flower from a single cling stamp. I used SU Tangerine Tango ink to go with the cardstock and then sponged over with Daffodil Delight. I left the circle spellbinder in place while I sponged to get a white border.

It’s the first time ever making this Star shape and the Organza ribbon from Kaiser is new from my Christmas haul, so I think I qualify for both the following challenges..
Not to mention…Crafty Anns #56 – Let’s Think Hot… these are pretty Hot colours!

I hope you like my nice bright and very colourful Star Card.

Please do enter my Blog Candy HERE, it would be nice to finish it off before my Birthday in June, when I was hoping to be starting a new blog candy competition to celebrate.
Ciao for now Smile

14 comments:

Dr Sonia S V

What an absolute beauty-- I wanted to make a star card for Xmas but its still unfinished! Yours is super fabulous Vicki.

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Ann Whitfield

They are indeed pretty hot colours Vickie! It's a fabulous card and a great fold - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

anna christensen crafts

Vicki! this is amazing, what a wonderful creation. I absolutely adore your colour scheme too! You certainly must be very patient, love It! anna xx

Jennifer

I love the shape of this card! I've never seen it before and you've made it spectacular! Love the bright colours! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle.

Pauline

Wow Vicki, this is awesome! I love that you've been able to use different brand papers, and they look as they are from the same set! The colours are fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at the Card Crafter's Circle!
hugs from a wet Victorian (rained all night!!!)
Pauline

Tammy

Oh my goodness, it's fantastic! Absolutely wonderful, I love, the fun papers you used!

Jen

Fabulous colours and interesting folds. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Ann's this week.
Jen x

Deb

amazing card, will have to try this one!
Many thanks for joining in the first Cute Card Thursday challenge of 2012!
Happy crafting, Debxx

Mynn xx

Oh my gosh, this is AMAZING!!! So gorgeous--love the paper's you've chose and the flowers and the sentiment! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Trish and Treasure

Hi Vicki,
I really love the star card design you did this week,such a beautiful and colourful card.I like how you added so many photos so you can really see and appreciate the details, like these adorable flowers. Love those champagne glasses!!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle and hope to see you again next week!
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
Card Crafter's Circle Design Team

Anonymous

Hi Vicki,
This is amazing! I would love to make 1 of these, so I will be searching for it on you tube soon. Thanks. The colors are lovely and all the little gems and flowers you have added to it!
Love Pearl x

Cheryl

Fabulous card! I love the shape and bright, cheery colors.

~Cheryl~

**I am offering blog candy on my blog. Please feel free to stop by and enter if you are interested.**

Wendy L

Great card and I love the flowers. I,m going to follow that link for those now. xxx

Buladi

Gorgeous card, fabulous coloring, lovely papers & design.Interesting folds.

Plastic Card
Plastic Cards