CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Criss Cross Friends Card

Hello Everyone,

I really enjoyed making a Criss Cross style card and I’ve become a little hooked on them!

P1030119

I made this one with a Kaiser Craft paper pack and some shiny cardstock and dies. The edge was also punched with a Martha Stewart edge punch. Some eyelets give substance to the leather chord pull tab and a bit of glitter blings it up.

P1030117

The sentiment is a Cling stamp and the back of the card has been embossed with a flowers embossing folder. Because this card is two sections glued together at the back, I actually embossed both sections of the back of the card and it shows the raised embossing on both the inside and the outside of the back.

P1030114

This time I did the band with solid coloured cardstock (my last one was made with acetate), and I’ve wrapped it with some leafy ribbon – Using It Up – it’s the last of my stash of this ribbon. The flower is also sitting on some recycled florist hessian that was on some flowers I got recently. (gotta love a husband who gives flowers for no reason at all!) I’ve folded it over and stuck down. I really like the natural look it gave.

P1030112

I hope you enjoyed looking at this card and that perhaps it gives you some inspiration, coz that’s what this blogging thang is all about – inspiring each other!
This card suits the following challenges Winking smile
Thanks for stopping by, i’ll be back with more before the end of the week so keep an eye out for some Valentines inspiration Smile
Cheers, Vicki xx

18 comments:

Leanne

Love your criss-cross card. Not tried this yet.

Dr Sonia S V

Vicki I always love to drop by and see what unusual creation you have made and not disappointed this time too. The colors and the fold are beautiful

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Felicia

OH what a cool idea!! Haven't tried this one yet either! Looks great!! *huggles* =0)

Anonymous

how unusual! but beautiful!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Amelia (mimi)

Anne-Marie

What a clever creation....and I love all the bright cheerfulness of it...very pretty!
Thanks so much for linking up with our challenge at Card Crafter's Circle, and good luck!
p.s. Thank you for the cheery comment you left on my blog...very much appreciated. :)

Faye

Totally loving these rich colours. Thanks so much for joining our recycle challenge at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. x

Rose

Really gorgeous, that flower is lovely, I love the colour.

I saw this on MM.

Rose x

Desire Fourie

Gorgeous style of card. Love the autumn colours.
Hugs
Desire

Shirley-Anne

Love this unusual fold card .great papers . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

having a {me} day

What a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley

Beebeebabs

Absolutely beautiful thanks for sharing!!!

Mynn xx

LOVE that dry embossing--the colors of this are amazing and those patterned papers go so very well together! I have a blog award for you over in my part of blog land--I hope you stop by On a Stampage to accept it! :) Happy crafting!!!

anna christensen crafts

Love you Criss Cross cards - these are completely new on me... I hope to have a go...such a lot on at the 'day job' right now though!

Lori

Your criss cross card is really cool and lovely, too!

Trish and Treasure

Hi Vicki,
Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Crafter’s Circle this week. The card design is fabulous and I like the designer papers you used, and how from so many angles the layers unfold, just like a real friendship.Fantastic frienship sentiment!!!!!I hope to see you again next week for our latest challenge.
Trish Munro
http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team

Chris (catt871)

What a beautiful card! I LOVE Criss Cross cards too and yours is one of the best I've seen!
Hugs,
Chris

Brodders

Such a great idea for recycling :) Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Crafts and good luck - Jane x

Jo

Fab, inspiring card, thanks for joining at Lexi's creations this time and good luck!
Jo x
DT