CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Gift Bag of Cards

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to 2012!

Hope you all had a fun time celebrating New Years Eve if that’s your thing, it was certainly my thing this year and I went a little overboard with the alcohol so I’m sharing this post with you a little late and a little sore headed on the first day of the year!
P1020920  P1020922 

I made this cute bag of cards all packaged ready to be given as a gift – Just Saying Hello is the theme and there are 6 cards inside that all say Hello. Stampin Up’s modern label punch makes the handle. How cool is that!

P1020921


I was inspired by my good friend Trish to make this set and have unashamedly copied her work – flattery gets me everywhere I can tell you! Click here to see Trish’s version of this
At least I didn’t copy the theme! lol
P1020925 These little pockets inside are embossed to match the embossing on the front of the cards.
P1020926  3 in each pocket   P1020927
P1020930 

The decorative papers are from My Minds Eye. I’ve cut one of the paper flowers out and layered it onto a Stampin Up Flower Punched matching cardstock and finished with a chocolate sprinkle from an Annabelles Stamps challenge win a while ago. A great tip is to hand draw the outlines inside the punched flowers for some definition using various coloured gel pens.
Have done the insides too !     P1020935

Hero Arts Cling Hello stamp, and some sewing underneath really adds a bit of zing. There are also Stampin Up Beatiful Wings sizzlit butterflies here and there.
P1020932     P1020936 
P1020938   P1020937

Choclate Gems that I won at Annabelles came in handy
Here are all six – you can see they are all random colours.

P1020941


I think that starts the year off nicely – enjoy and I’ll be back before the week is out with my Mojo Monday challenge.
I'll share this card set at the following challenges…

Top Tip Tuesday – Anything Goes – My Tip is to use a gel pen to outline plain images, it really makes them look special Smile
Delicious Doodles Challenge – Anything Goes
Just Add Ink – Fancy Packaging
Charisma Cards – Anything Goes

Don’t forget my Blog Candy – HERE, you gotta be in it to WIN it!


Ciao for now Smile

9 comments:

Maggie's Crafts

Simply beautiful!

Thank you for joining Anything Goes challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

Happy New Year!

Maggie
x

Trish and Treasure

Wow, this turned out great. I totally love all the colours you combined and the embossing looks fantastic! and how you hand drew the flowers!!!!Awesome project!!!
Hugs Trish

Dr Sonia S V

Vicki it is awesome no wonder you used the idea
Wish you a Happy and Creative New Year
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

anna christensen crafts

What a gorgeous idea for a gift! I love the colour scheme that you have used, I might have a go at this myself if you don't mind?

anna christensen crafts

What a gorgeous idea for a gift! I love the colour scheme that you have used, I might have a go at this myself if you don't mind?

Anonymous

AWwwwwwWWWwW these are lush,ace colours too!

Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz,best of luck!

Jennifer

I think this is just fantastic! Love all the embossing and your flowers are so fun!

Leah l'Orange

ooh! i LOVE this! what a great idea for a gift set - i may have to try this sometime (thanks for the inspiration!). thanks for joining the Charisma Galz for our Anything Goes challenge, and happy new year to you and your sore head! ;)

Mynn xx

Oh...my...gosh! Fabulous idea--and fantastic cards! LOVE your use of the punch for the handles--awesome!