CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Owls

Hello All,

My Brother has a birthday coming up and I’ve made this card for him using the Mojo Monday Sketch #223 

The Sentiment was a freebie provided by Aud Sentiments on Challenge #44, but actually made and sold by TLC. In keeping with what seems to be my theme for the year – LATE! I’ve only just got around to using this sentiment, however the current challenge #45 at AUD Sentiments Challenge is “Any Sentiment but use your scraps”, which this card is eligible for anyway! lol

004 

although mine has been turned sideways in comparison to the sketch…

Mojo223Sketch 

A quick tip is to use a frame on the inside to create a place to write what you want and have it in theme with the front of the card.

005

Here is a close up of those gorgeous owls – they are the Stampin Up Owl punch Owls and I’ve added some glitter, googledy eyes and a mix of colours gives them a little personality.

008

They were a great way to use up left-over scraps of cardstock that were too small for anything else much, but too big to throw out, we all have a box full of those I think!

Cheers Vicki xx

If your interested in my BLOG CANDY – Go HERE to enter – please Smile

3 comments:

Trish and Treasure

Love your owls and this birthday sentiment is FANTASTIC!!!
hugs Trish xxx

Michelle B.

What a fun male card! I LOVE the googlie eyes!! Thanks for playing with us at Aud Sentiments!

deesdesigns

Hoot-alicious - love these little guys! Love too how you added the sentiment freebie from Create with TLC!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us for our "Use Your Scraps" challenge at Aud Sentiments. Good Luck and I hope you'll be able to join us for our new challenge on the 19th!