CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Card

Hello Everyone,

I was recently out to dinner at one of the big hotels in Surfers Paradise and found a postcard advertisement for their Thanksgiving Dinner this month on the counter.

I loved the images and knew I could make a card of them, so I took one!

Here’s what I made….

P1020805

The ribbons remind me of a 1950’s kitchen, and I added a little blue ribbon for her apron tie.

P1020806

I added a little tag to open the card by stapling some of the checkered ribbon onto the bottom corner and added a litlle button for interest.

P1020807

Isn’t this image adorable! 1950’s family with their Turkey Thanksgiving dinner -  is that a Stepford mum or what?

I’ll enter this into a few challenges I think…


Please help yourself to my Candy give away – there’s a link on my sidebar to the post.

Thanks for looking

Ciao for now Smile

8 comments:

Cheryl First

Stopping over from MIM - super vintage card! Love it!
-Cheryl

Lisa Minckler

Oh be still my beating heart...this is vintage FANTASTIC!! I'm a nut over anything like this and how creative of you to see this in a restaurant and take it to the craft table...genius!!
You nailed the ribbon colors perfectly and that "Leave It To Beaver" feel of the card is WONDERFUL.
Beautiful creation... :D

Thank you SO much for linking up with us at Make It Monday!
Good luck to you...
Hugs,
Lisa xx
P.s...thank you also for your very kind comments on my blog as well. It made my day. :)

1CardCreator

Too cute, the ribbons are perfect! So love how you re-purposed it too! Thanks for stopping by to see my card for MIM also.!

Sue

this is so clever!! I love the combination of ribbons and ric rac and the bow is the perfect finish!
Thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

A Consuming Passion

So glad you shared your beautiful card with us this week! Love the image (clever girl) and your choices of ribbons, ric rac etc. makes for a fabulous card!

Andrea

I love the '50's image and what you've created with it!!
TFS it with us!!!
Andrea :)

Trish and Treasure

I love how you used the ribbons to compliment this stunning image,very creative Vicki!

Pauline

Fantastic! I love 50s retro, and you've nailed it! I love Surfer's too, although it's been a few years since I was last there. I love the gingham ribbon and ricrac!
hugs,
Pauline