CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mojo Forever Thank You

Hello Everyone,
I’ve done my Mojo Monday card for this week – in by the skin of my teeth again! What a busy time of year for me..Oh well, you know what they say – no rest for the wicked lol!

Here is my card…..
P1020357

This week I used Stampin Up papers from a set called “blueberry crisp”, alongside the little birdy from the SU stamp set “Every Moment”, which is coloured with water colour pencils. The tag is from my stash of chipboard stuff, and I changed the sentiment to suit myself with an embossed Thank You  over the top. The base card has been embossed with a flower pattern and a little ink ran over the raised sections.

P1020358

The ribbon is just White satin and I’ve tied the tag to the bow with a smaller white satin ribbon that is edged in silver. I didn’t want the edges of my bow to fray, so I dipped them in pva glue and ran them into some glitter, just to add some bling. A couple of little blue buttons finished off the sketch nicely.
Here is the Sketch for this week…

Mojo201Sketch
Hope you like my take on it Smile

That’s it for me at the moment….except this little sneak peak of a project I’m currently working on.
P1020362

These are two layers of a three layered explosion box I’ve been putting together for my friend Kristy.

Kristy lost her best friend in the whole world to a heart attack at the age of 43, and only 3 months after giving birth to a beautiful baby boy. That little boy is now 3 1/2 and Kristy was going to give him a photo album of these pictures of his mum. I had a better idea of course!

The Mojo card made me think to share it, because of the sentiment "Forever Thank You" That's how we all feel about having had Fiona as our friend. Forever Thankful.

I’ll post it in more detail when I’m finished. I just wanted you to know why I’ve not posted many cards this past week Smile

3 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe

Beautiful work, thanks for sharing!
Thanks for visiting the Pixie Blog and for the shout out for Pixie, good luck!

Cheryl

Your card is so pretty and elegant! Great use of the sketch.

Trish and Treasure

Great Mojo card and the bow & tag is awesome, and I love your project with all Fiona's photos.