CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Roz

Hi Everyone,

I’ve created this gorgeous tri fold card for my girlfriend Roz’s Birthday.
Annabelle Stamps Challenge Blog are having a Say it in Cream, Red & Chocolate, so I decided to go with that colour theme.It was a lot of fun to make!

P1020322

I started with Cream cardstock – cutting the template out. Then used Red cardstock as the base for each little section. I covered the base with a beautiful Vintage style patterned paper. (thank you Trish – it is one of the papers in the huge pizza box of vintage papers you gave me for my birthday last month.)
The red paper was a bit loud so I decided to do a second paper on top – I used a script pattern and ripped all the edges to reveal the loud red paper underneath. The edges of this layer were torn and inked with Tim Holtz Distress ink “Fired Brick” mixed with a little perfect pearls. I also stamped a rose in SU Rose Red over the script. The Rose stamp is from Kaiser Craft.

P1020325

When I inked the edges I had left over ink on my craft mat and decided to make the big rose from Kaiser that I used on the front match the small roses that were in my stash and dribbled the leftovers onto the middle section of the flower.Spellbinder Labels 4 is layered for the sentiment.

P1020326

The sentiment is from Kaszazz, a Happy Birthday Stamp. The butterflies are cut with the Beautiful Wings Sizzlit from Stampin Up.

P1020328

I made a tag to write on (it’s written on the back), using my Sizzix Big Shot and Tag die. Decorated it with the same Red patterned paper and the left over ink on my craft sheet. This is tucked into a pocket on the back of the sentiment and can be pulled out with the little bit of ric rac attached to it.

P1020332

I stamped a couple of roses onto left over cream cardstock and then covered them with Dimensional Magic to make them all glossy. I cut them out with a round punch and placed them at random on the card and the tag.

I’m actually quite chuffed with how this card turned out, and Roz absolutely loved it which is awesome coz she’s a lovely lady and it made me feel good to please her.

Hope you liked it. It’s going into not only the Annabelles challenge, but also at:-
Stamptacular Sunday – A pocket challenge – that’s where the tag hides.
http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/07/challenge-121-hot-pockets.html
Ruby's Rainbow Challenge Blog – Vintage – I think it has a vintage feel with the papers and distressing.
http://rubysrainbow.blogspot.com/2011/07/c8-vintage-dt-call.html

Must go, have been out eating the most divine cake in celebration with Roz & Trish this afternoon and both the dog & I need a walk!

EDIT....
This beautiful card was a favourite at Annabelles and they sent me a lovely blinkie to tell everybody about it - I'll put it in my side bar ladies, thank you so much :)

12 comments:

Dr Sonia S V

What a gorgeous creation. I love the unusual looking flower and the fancy fold looks so beautiful with your patterned paper adorning it
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Sprytebyrd

Such a clever way to sneak a pocket onto such a great card! Good job!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Marianne-db

I really love your card! The shape of the card is so elegant and it's a perfect place to hide the tag :-)
Thanks for joining Stamptacular this week!
Hugs, Marianne

Andrea

What amazing detail!! Just gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing with us this week :)
Andrea

Anonymous

Gorgeous, love the colour an the style.

Thanks for joining us at RRC.

Huggies Angel

Trish and Treasure

This card has a beautiful vintage feel and the combination of using the rose in two ways was ingenious!Love the secret pocket,this project is a visual feast for the eyes!

Sue

What a hidden little treasure, amazing when opened up! Beautiful display of the challenge colours, the paper is gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

shaz earl

Fabulous card thank you for joining us at RRC this time hope you will join us again xx

Kylie

What a gorgeous card!
LOVE all your stunning detail and your elements are amazing!
LOVE everything about your card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Annabelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

A Consuming Passion

Wow I hope Roz loved her card.....it's a beauty! Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps again this week. Good Luck!

Cheryl

Fabulous design and colors! Your friend is going to love this.



Thank you for posting my blog candy in your side bar. Good luck in the draw!

Trish and Treasure

Congratulations on your win at Annabelle's Stamps it really is an awesome card and I'm so glad you won! Love Trish Munro xx