CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 7, 2011

My own Shoebox Swap

Well I must say thank you to Trish for sending me a picture of my card. She took my shoebox home to finish off her own copy of my card.

This is the card I put in the shoebox swap



My card is made with the same DP that I used on the Mojo 176 card. I did say I bought a lot of it!

In the box I placed textured white card stock for the card base (cut to size),  "Tempting Torqoise" ink pad and Jumbo Roller with the "Friendly Words" roller attached -from Stampin Up 3 x embossed roses to be coloured in by the participant. a strip of ribbon, the beautiful blue DP, 3 x rhinestones, a push pin with shiny blue top and a pretty blue bead.

The tools included were an X-Cut punch, Water brush, sponge,The Jumbo Roller, and some glue and dimensional tape.

The instructions went something like this:
Roll the Jumbo Roller Friendly Words stamp across the top of the card, making sure to have the words facing the right direction for a tent fold card.
Colour in the three embossed roses with the water brush or sponge and cut them out. Making sure to have 1 x full sized Rose, 1 rose with the outer petals cut off and the third rose with all the outer petals cut off. Hilight with more ink the outer edges of each rose.
Layer these roses biggest on the bottom to smallest on the top with dimensional tape between them.
Punch the border along the bottom of the DP and stick it beneath the rolled image on your card.
Tie the ribbon around the whole card, covering the gap and tie a bow.
Stick the dimensional rose to the front of the card, over the ribbon - this will hold the ribbon in place.
Push the pin through the knot of the bow on the ribbon and glue the bead to bottom of the pin so no pointy end is showing.
stick the 3 rhinestones in place on the bottom of the card.


For those of you who don't know how it works, the Shoebox Swap involves a bunch of girls making a card and then putting into a Shoebox both the materials and the tools to make that card along with instructions on how it is done.

Then everyone puts their box on a table in the middle of the room and the boxes are numbered.
We all then go ahead and make eight cards starting with the number after our own box. So for instance, my box is number 1, I then go and make box numbers 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9.
This system works well, depending on how many boxes you have of course.

There you have it!

The beauty of this idea is that everyone does something a little different with your design. Check out how Trish did hers.

1 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe

So pretty, love the soft colors, thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/02/pixie-dust-paperie-february-kit.html