CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Hello blogland friends,

I have had a lovely Sunday afternoon working on some cute cards with a Home Sweet Home sentiment.

Here they are...


This first Card has an embossed background sheet of white card that I sponged a blue ink over so that just the dots were coloured. I kinda mounted it all crooked on purpose if you're wondering, I liked the out of whack look here. The house is cut out of paper from Three Bugs in a Rug and is part of the A Trip to Paris release. This paper was perfect for fussy cutting out the the little houses. I stamped the key and cut it out, I'm not sure where the stamp came from, it is a silicone stamp and there are two of them floating around my stash, as you will see. the Home Sweet Home sentiment is from Kaiser. I;'ve sewn the buttons on with pink cotton, and matted the whole thing on black to make it stand out.



The second card was a bit of mistake to start with, but somehow I saved it...I think?
First of all, my pink card had the bottom of one side lopped off it, so I attached some white card to the bottom to make it whole. I then started with my Stampin Up roller stamp "Neighbourhood" and it didn't imprint properly across the whole card, so I came up with the idea of having half skeleton picture and half solid colour picture. The strips of embossed dots are leftovers from the first card and the paper houses are from the same paper as before. I used one of my spellbinder labels dies for the sentiment. I think it turned out okay despite the initial challenges.



Last but not least - and this is my favourite, I have used my dotty embossing folder and again swiped blue ink ("marina mist" I beleive), all over the raised dots. I have fussy cut the little houses out of "A Trip to Paris" paper layered them on a green card. I cut the corners of the card with the very top of a small heart punch for a different corner effect. My spellbinder labels die came into use here again - the next size up from the last one, and the second key stamp that is floating around my stash was stamped in both "Basic Gray" and "Sahara Sand" Stampin up inks, cut out and a little ribbon tied on. Again I have matted the whole thing a little crookedly and on a black mat to make it stand out.