CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love love Love Love Loooove

Hello,

Seeing as how Valentine's Day is getting closer and a couple of Valentines' challenges are running too, I thought I better pull my finger out and do something.

This card was made with left-over bits from my Vintage Card Class with J.A.M, I am going to use every last scrap of that sheet of paper it was so very pretty.




The L on this card is a chipboard letter that has been embossed with black glitter embossing powder, it really shines, I was very pleased with how it turned out. The rose stem has been threaded with Beads and the whole thing glued ontop of the L. The rest of the Love word and the sentiment is a simple rub-on.

I have also used some little clear beads and bits of lace here and there. The whole left side of the paper is trimmed with a little pom pom style lace which I had been dying to use and not found the right place for until now. Here's a close up for you....




I especially love how the paper is folded back revealing the underside which has a bold black herringbone pattern on it, and the rose is kinda tucked in there peeking out surrounded by clear beads and more lace here too, they all offset that gorgeous paper.


In the bottom corner I have added more lace and beads with the rose, along with these stemmy blobs that will be perfect for the inner stamens of flowers. I don't know what they are called, but I found a packet and have a couple of hundred of them now. They are just gorgeous.


Well I'll enter this over at Sandies Place for her February Challenge which is themed with Fabric & Love. I got the Love right, the fabric is a bit lacey though lol.

There is also  Challenge # 14 at Stamps R Us with Valentine/Love theme that I think this card fits perfectly. Even though I've not used a single stamp here!

Above all else, I hope you enjoy looking at it :)

5 comments:

Sandie

Wow - this is beautiful. So many different elements. Thanks so much for joining in.
You're in the draw.

Luv Sandie

Collette

Stamp or no stamp, you've surely created a beauty here - I love that paper you have ... Thanks so much for participating over at Stamps R Us this week!

Beate

Gorgeous creation.
Hugs and smiles

DebiJ

What a beautiful card! It is so delightful..what a wonderful one to receive!

Vicky

Lovely textures, & a great vintage feel :)