CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Birthday Card

Hello All,

Before we get to my birthday card, I just thought I'd ask what you think of the new background. I'm slowly getting my head around this blog stuff.

Here's a card I made for a friends birthday, just thought I'd share it with you.






I really enjoyed making the leafy background with all the different coloured leaves. I made sure to use the stamp a couple of times each time so that the images faded out. I also like the colours. The sentiment is from a Stampin Up set - one of the 'labels' ones. The bird and tree on the front are from a set I picked up at Sams Warehouse. You could say they are home brand I suppose, but I fell in love with it.

Have a great week everyone, I'll be back to post my Mojo 176 possibly tomorrow, however I have a papermates meeting on saturday and need to prepare a shoebox swap for 8! Might be pushed for time, so I'll blog that instead if that is the case and shock horror, miss my mojo this week!

Oh I forgot to mention that I used a spellbinders label die to cut just the top off the backing sheet. How did I do that you ask? Well it was simply a matter of lining it all up off the edge of the cutting pad and running it through. This way there was no pressure on half the die. easy peasy I say!

2 comments:

Trish and Treasure

Love the background leaf stamp you used on this card and the colour combination.

Sammi

This looks gorgeous... oh that's a good idea for the Spellbinders.. had not thought of that!
(hugs)
sammi