CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 3, 2011

First Craft Queen

This is the First Ever challenge on the Craft Queen blog!

Awesome!

The challenge is to use the Craft Queen logo as inspiration, this is it…

craftqueen_logo_v_2 (Small)

I took it a step further than that and used their new Blog Banner too – It had so much happening on it – check it out here. Craft Queen is one of my favourite shops online!
Here is my card…

P1020604

I’ve used the pinks and greens and of the logo in the cardstock which was embossed, sanded back and sewn down the layers with a pile of different ribbons. There are some leftover nested die cuts creating some pattern there too.

P1020609

I then added an eclectic mix of flowers, ribbons, buttons, brads, stapled some lace on there, added the edge of some watercolour paper offcut that was floating around on my desk and generally made it pretty with glitter and butterflies. Even a butterfly on the inside…

P1020614

I love making arty cards like this where there is no plan (apart from colour and general idea) and I can just build it as I go. Why don’t you have a go at the challenge for October at Craft Queen too Surprised smile

I hope you like it, I think I’ll also show it off at Make it Monday (just because it’s Monday! lol)
Have a great week Smile

5 comments:

Bella´s Bastelecke

This is such fun and so pretty! I saw it over on Make It Monday and came to leave you some love .
Hugs
Bella

Lisa Jane

fabulous card - love all the layers
Thanks for linking up with us at Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

Trish and Treasure

This card is amazing and so many wonderful products, very arty!

Merry

How very clever. A wonderful take on the badge...lovely embellishing. Saw you on Make it Monday.

Lisa Lara

Just look at all that detail . What a cheerful card Elaine.