CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Papermates - March 2011

Hello Everyone,

I have been slack and still haven't finished my third Spesch Stamps card - even after a full day at papercrafting, I guess there was just too much else going on at papermates today. Which is why I am here tonight - blogging! (and I had to beat my friend Trish to the post for a change - man that girl is organised!)

Today we had Amanda Cordingley - a Kaszazz rep (did I spell that right?) - do a make and take for us. Always a bit of fun. We made a beautiful paper flower - which I stuck to the front of the card I made today, and we also made a lovely card.

Here is the card Amanda organised for us:-





It really is quite pretty. The background was embossed and sponged over with distress inks. The tag was was also sponged over with distress inks after stamping the sentiment. The butterfly was stamped, cut out and coloured in with a water brush and some more distress inks. I love it.

The card I made was a bit of an experiment and there are quite a few things I would change when doing the next one - the size for instance! lol. This one turned out a bit large :) It is a slider card and I love the concept, but will be playing with a template for this type of card I think before making it again.


Note Amanda's flower stuck to the front.Oh, and the pull / hold tabs are my spellbinder Labels die. As usual I can't remember which number labels they are!



This flower is so very easy to make. Simply torn paper, curled with a wooden skewer and stuck together with a little punched flower and bling. Very effective.

Anyway, that's it for today. Hope you like the products of my day.