CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Surprise Pop Up Bird Card

Hi Everyone,

I made these two delightful Surprise Pop Up cards using a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers as the basis for the card’s mechanism. However, I substituted the front panel for an  Elegant Bird Die cut from Stampin Up. They are earmarked for a couple of little girls who are Sisters and have birthdays a few days apart at the beginning of November. (yes, they’ve probably guessed it now and I’ve spoiled the surprise!)

Bird Surprise Pop Up 1

They really are surprisingly easy to make once you have the template and as you open the card up, it looks like the bird is almost taking flight! There is room on the tab that pulls out to write your message and an inspirational little quote appears in the window created by pulling the bird upwards.

Bird Surprise Pop up 2      P1040063

Both the girls love pink and purple, but I wanted them both to be a little unique. The Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder gave the birds a lovely texture and I then added the Silver Sparkles to the raised parts to highlight the pattern and give a bit of bling. The Everything Eleanor stamp set has the perfect frame for writing into, as well as a little birdy. Word Play is set used for the window sentiments. Go in the Direction of your Dreams and Wish Big!

Bird Surprise Pop up 4

Here’s a picture of one up and one down. Do you like the torn paper on the right hand bird? I got some black ink on one of my die cuts so I ripped it into pieces and stuck just the un-inked pieces on. It came out looking amazing! All I have to do now is figure out which girl will like which bird better?

I hope you like my birds today, I’ll be sharing them for the challenge at 
and at Twist of Faith Challenges where my good friend Trish is a Design Team member, who also happens to have an Animals theme for the challenge. 

Speaking of Design Team members, I’ve been offered a Guest Designer position with Sunny Challenges and Creations next month. So keep an eye out here for my take on the sketches next month and don’t forget to come and join me with your entries each week for the month of November. How exciting!

On that note, I’ll be off to get working on my posts !
Have a great day.
Signature Watermark

7 comments:

Connie Babbert

Very fun pop-up cards using the bird die!!! Love them! Thanks for playing along with the animal challenge this time on SUO Challenges!

Jen Timko

What a clever idea!! Such pretty colors too. Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Jennifer

These are stunning Vicki! I love the texture on the birds and the little pockets! Fantastic!

Heidi Baks

That is just lovely! Great details on the birds. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Mary Brown

What a great way to use the bird die! LOVE your cards and your details on these. Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Trish and Treasure

Hi Vicki,
Thanks for playing in our Challenge this week at Twist of Faith.
Love your card construction,layers,embellishments and the card colour combinations, wonderful cards!!!
Hugs Trish xx

Pauline

Hi Vicki! what an awesome creation this is...love the colours! Thank you for sharing with us at Twist of Faith Cards...
hugs,
Pauline