I shared this tutorial on my Stampin Up blog, but I think it’s going to be too hard to maintain two blogs, so I’m moving it to here and closing down the Stampin Up one when my trial period ends.
This tutorial is for making the Top Note Hand Bag card.
It has been cased from several other Stampin' Up demonstrators so thank you to all the lovely ladies who have made this before, it's a great, girly card and my very first workshop was a great deal of fun because of it!
Base Card – 15cm x 21cm Regal Rose Card Stock
Matching Designer Paper – 14.5cm x 10cm
Whisper White Card Stock – 15cm x 12cm
5/8" Satin Ribbon in Whisper White x 15cm
Inks – Regal Rose & Soft Suede
Stamp set – Vintage Vogue
Embossing Folder – Square Lattice
Cutting Tools - Big Shot using Top Note die
1 x Pearl
Sponge, scissors, dimensionals.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock with Top Note die. Retain the scrap piece.
- Stamp the Floral Vine pattern from Vintage Vogue onto the bottom right corner of this with Soft Suede ink.
- Stamp the Floral Vine pattern several times onto the left side of the designer paper with Soft Suede ink.
- Stamp the small flower from Vintage Vogue with Soft Suede once onto the Top Note and twice onto the paper as shown on sample. Do not re-ink the flower between the two stamps on the paper to give a softer tone.
- Also stamp one flower with Soft Suede onto the scrap of Whisper White.
- Clean the flower stamp and stamp again with Regal Rose ink as shown, as well as onto the scrap of Whisper White.
- Fold the Top Note over to make the bag, ensuring that the stitching from the die cut is prominent on the stamped side. Trim off the pointed ends that stick out with scissors.
- Run the 'flap' of the bag only through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice Embossing folder. Stick the flap down with adhesive.
- Sponge & distress all edges where needed.
- Adhere ribbon to back of hand bag.
- Distress & Sponge the edges of the designer paper and adhere to card front.
- Adhere bag to front on an angle, leaving room for the sentiment.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the designer paper in the bottom corner using Soft Suede.
- Cut the small flowers stamped on the scrap out and adhere as bag clasp with a dimensional, then top with a pearl.