CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Faux Tile Mojo Mum

Well, that’s an out there title! Catch your eye did it? If the title didn’t the card should! I love this effect. It was shown to me by my Stampin Up group leader  Jane Norrish, and of course it’s been done a multitude of times before by others, but I hadn’t tried it yet, so you’ll just have to put up with me!

P1030430

I used the Mojo Monday Sketch as a basis – all those squares just looked like tiles to me. This technique is really quite easy. I used the little flower from Vintage Vogue in Night of Navy and the background is a Stampin Spot in Sahara Sand that has been swirled over the top. You can see the square edges of the spot in places but I quite like the overall effect. The embossing over the top really shines like ceramic tiles!

Mojo238Sketch

Stampin’ Spots were my very first purchase from Stampin Up a few years ago, they are a great money saver if you want ALL the colours NOW! They can be used for just about anything that a large ink pad can and they’re small enough to take with you when your out at stamp camps, classes etc.

I also went ballistic with ink on the inside - more sponging and stamping.

P1030431

The colour scheme came from Create with Connie and Mary this week….

CCMC199 

Gorgeous colours, but i was a bit short in the Peach Parfait department and had to go with Calypso Coral instead! At least I got to use the gorgeously soft and cottony Bakers Twine in Calypso Coral that I purchased from the current Winter Mini Catalogue. It makes great bows because it’s not coated in waxy stuff like some other brands.

Here’s a close up of those tiles – the grout lines are just the cardstock base, the sentiment is the centre of the For You Flower stamp.

P1030433

I hope you like my version of Faux Tiles. If you’d like me to share this technique and more with you – you could book an in home workshop and request a demonstration of it. 
You and your friends could have a lovely afternoon making your own projects to keep and learning what more can be done with Stampin’ Up products. 

Simply go to my Stampin Up website from the side bar and click on the Host a Workshop for more information. You can contact me on the website too.

In the meantime – Thanks for checking out my blog Smile
Signature Watermark

8 comments:

Julie

I LOVE your faux tile ... it looks EXACTLY like a floor! :) Thanks for playing along with CCMC this week!!

Deb

What a great technique! I haven't tried it this way, yet so thanks for the inspiration! I love the embossing over the top! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Nance Leedy

This IS fabulous--they look exactly like decorative tiles, especially with the glossy embossed accent. Well done with the challenge colors and I love your excess stamping/sponging on the inside--great job! Thank you for joining us at CCMC!

Mary Brown

What a FABULOUS faux tile background your created! It looks REAL! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Carrie Sampsel

Fantastic technique! I actually have never seen that one before. I really love how it looks! Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

Debbie Henderson

What a creative way to create the faux tile. Looks exactly like someone's bathroom wall. Great job and thanks for playing CCMC this week!

Lisa Martz

Ok, this is going to sound funny, but this looks like the linoleum in my laundry room...which I love! It doesn't have the flowers, but the background is the same! LOL! Love your faux tile..very cool technique. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Connie Babbert

Very pretty, Vicki...love that grid look on a card! Thanks so much for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!