CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Shaking it up at Sunny Challenges and Creations

Hello Again Everyone!

Hope you had some fun with Perfect Plum last week! I know I did! This week at Sunny Challenges and Creations we are Shaking it up with Shaker Cards for the Sketch Challenge.

Mine is surrounded in embossed tulips, aren’t they pretty!

P1040082

I made mine a Christmas Shaker which, this close to Christmas, is a perfect excuse to use the Holiday Framelits is it not? Stampin’ Up has a wonderful new product too that makes Shaker Cards easy peasy to do! They are called Shaker Frames (page 177 of the Annual Catalogue if you can’t spot them). They are essentially a double sided foam tape circle frame in various sizes. 

The small one was perfect for the star in the Holiday Collection Framelits set.

P1040084

It looked a little boring on it’s own, so lined each cut out with some designer paper from the Festival of Prints paper stack and hand cut the internal part before putting the window sheet behind it all.

The sentiment is from the Embellished Events Stamp set.

I look forward to seeing what you make with a shaker card so head on over to Sunny Challenges and Creations to get your entry in.
Signature Watermark

5 comments:

Unknown

oh my what a beauty this is love everything glorious card hugss assyxxx

Vicky W

Gorgeous card Vicki. I love your Star & Christmas tree. How very clever to add DSP behind the tree to bring it to life. I would never have thought of it.

Kris McIntosh

Vicki, this is so pretty. I love this image for a shaker card. The designer paper frame is unexpected but beautiful. Great having you aboard this month at Sunny challenges.

Trish and Treasure

Hi Vicki,
I just want to shake this card.... it looks like fun!!!Great frames!!
Hugs Trish xx

Pauline

Love this Vicki! Especially the DP in the aperture... it really pops! Can I shake it? Nah... you better shake if for me...
hugs from down south...
Pauline