CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Inspiring Mojo Card

Hi Everyone,

Well I have been so busy that I’ve missed a couple of Mojo Monday Sketches, finally got to this one in time though. I had occasion to make a card to inspire a young friend and what better statement than this one from the Stampin’ Up Word Play stamp set.

P1030754

This is the whole card. I have outlined the die cut Elegant Bird with and ‘Island Indigo’ coloured Stampin’ Write marker to make it stand out, and also added faux stitching to the mat.

P1030753

This is the Mojo Monday Sketch that I’ve used, my card is a little different in shapes and proportions but hey, you get that! I had a few of these birds already cut out and this one had a big bit missing from it’s belly, so I hid that under the sentiment. Just goes to show, don’t throw anything out, you never know where you can use it.

Mojo254Sketch

The papers used are Stampin Up “Twitterpated” and the grosgrain ribbon will be retired from the end of this month and replaced in the Annual Catalogue with something lovelier I’m sure. I didn’t want the ribbon to cover up the bird’s head, so I just tucked it under and started it from there.

I hope you like my card, I’ll be back soon with a wee project I’ve been working on using Glossy Paper, Staz-On ink and a sponge! Check back later to see.
Thanks for stopping by.
Signature Watermark