CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 1, 2012

Ornate Blossom Card

Hi Everyone,

I have a lovely card to share showing some embossing, sponging, stamping, Big Shot die cutting, ribbon, coloured cardstock and some wonderful designer papers!

P1030536

Here the Ornate Blossom stamp was embossed with clear onto designer paper – the opposite side to the flowers underneath – and then sponged with Early Espresso ink to make the pattern stand out. I love how the embossed area is left bright and cheery. A circle was cut around it and it was matted onto Calypso Coral Cardstock circle that is just a fragment bigger.

I utilised the sketch at the Paper Players this week which was put together by LeAnne – thank you Smile

PP Sketch 97

Pretty close huh! I layered up all the elements with Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade Cardstock. Wrapped a little Whisper White grosgrain ribbon around it finished with a bow. The whole lot is then adhered to a Whisper White card base.

P1030539

I also used the colours from the challenge at Create with Connie & Mary this week, which were…

CCMC204

Lucky for me, Stampin’ Up co-ordinates papers with ink colours and just happened to have a paper that covered all those colours! It’s from the Berry Blossoms pack.

How do you like my little tag there – it was cut using Big Shot and the Lots of Tags Sizzlit Die Set and stamped with a sentiment from the hostess set called Perfect Words. Perfect indeed!

P1030540

I just love these tags!

So glad to share this with you today, I always love to hear what people think of my cards so, feel free to make a comment or a suggestion. 
Thanks for stopping by..
Signature Watermark

11 comments:

LeAnne

This is incredible! Nance does that embossing technique, but I have yet to try it! I think I SHOULD! It's gorgeous! Thanks for playing with my sketch at the Paper Players this week!

Jennifer

Wow this is so cool! I love all the business about it!

Debbie Henderson

You really rocked the technique and what a great way to combine both challenges. Thanks for playing CCMC!

Trish and Treasure

Wonderful creation, I love the technique and this paper pack is fabulous!
Hugs Trish xx

Julie

I love the embossing and sponging on this card - so pretty. Thanks for playing along with CCMC!!

Narelle Farrugia

I love the ornate blossom stamped onto the designer series papers - really effective!Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Deb

Beautiful card! I love this technique and it works so beautifully here! Your little tag is just perfect for the greeting! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert

Very fun to put the Ornate Blossom on DSP! I don't think about doing that often enough! Thank you for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Carrie Sampsel

Cute card and I love that technique. That stamp is perfect for it. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

Lisa Martz

Haven't done that technique in a long time! Will have to try it again...it's very pretty! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Mary Brown

Very cool way to use that image and that technique! I will miss this paper! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!