CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Purple Haze Birthday

Hello again,
Just wanted to quickly share another card I made using “All Things Grow” from Annabelle Stamps 
(yes – again! Get used to it, I’m in love with this stamp set and this is probably only the beginning)

P1020136

I started out with white cardstock and used my SU stampin spot in  {crumb cake} colour to swipe the colour on straight with the spot. I then embossed the grasses across the bottom of the card. Went back to the stampin spots with {river rock} and added some green along the back of the grass. I then used a sponge and some {not quite navy} to highlight the night sky which blended to purple {elegant eggplant}. I then went and stamped some more grasses in purple to make them really stand out.
An SU Scallop punch, Oval punch and Word Window were used to mount the Happy Birthday sentiment from the set.
I love how this card came out, however, I think my blending needs a little more practice. Back to more playing with this stamp set it is.

The girls over at C.R.A.F.T Challenge are having a Birthday Blog Hop and Happy Birthday card challenge. This is my entry.

Crafty Cardmakers wanted embossing - well it sure is!

Hoping to spend more time in Girl World tomorrow - My Nanna needs a card for her 95 year old friend of 71 years - must have pretty flowers on it is the call. Will have to see what I can come up with!