CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 27, 2012

Case Study Friends Card

Hi Everyone,

I’ve made this CAS card using a Making Memories Vellum Sentiment that I purchased many moons ago – I have a whole packet of them and until now was at a loss as to how to use them. I’ve used eyelets to attach it to a card front.
P1030127

The Case Study Challenge inspired me and
I’ve cased the
following card… CASE Challenge #75
it was made by  Jen Rzasa who is the January Muse over at
the
Case Study Challenge Blog.

The idea is to be inspired by the Muse’s card and share
your take on it.

Here is a close up of the ribbons & pearls that I decided to use.

P1030130

I also added an extra mat of black behind it to make it all stand out a bit better. I’m not very good at doing the Clean And Simple thing as I always feel it needs just a little more and I really had to hold myself back from adding any embossing to this card!

I had to sprinkle some glitter around as when I adhered the ribbons & pearls I used a strip of ‘sticky strip’ double sided tape. You can see that the ric rac ribbon and the pearls don’t cover the entire strip of glue, so it was a little tacky. I solved this by covering the exposed glue with glitter! lol.

Anyway, I’m pleased with how it turned out and I’d like to enter it in a couple of other places too:-


Thanks for stopping by – feel free to enter My Blog Candy, It’s drawn at 133 followers so if you’d like to follow too, that’d be great Smile

Have a wonderful week – I’m off to do some work!
Cheers,
Vicki

12 comments:

nedergaard

It's such a pretty card.
Thanks for playing with us on Card and Scrap

Anne Bente

hvor er det et skønt bidrag.

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring
knusss♥

brenda

a very elegant CAS card and the cords and pearls across the bottom list it beautifully.

Thanks so much for joining our Monochromatic theme at Stampalot Challenge this week month, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x

Trish and Treasure

Great card I love all these ribbons they are so pretty!!!
Hugs Trish

WencheP

Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

pinky
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinky

Its just lovely, lots of texture. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Mynnette

What a fabulous monochromatic card! :) LOVE that word art--it's awesome!

Becky

Fabulous CAS card, Very nicely done.
Becky x

Ruth

Such a lovely monochromatic card. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)

princesskitten

Love the ribbons and bling

kitten - DYSU team

Francesca

fantastic card for our monochromatic challenge, thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!

hugs
Francesca