CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

CASE of the Blushing Rose

Hi Everybody,

Well it was Melbourne Cup day here in Australia and it gave me an opportunity to take some time out and wallow in Girl World, which is always good for the soul.

Don’t you just love it when you have all the elements to make a card that you’ve seen somewhere, and even better – when you’ve seen it on the Case Study Challenge blog and are allowed to copy it! lol

This is my entry this week…

P1020722

I embossed my Rose from Stampin Up’s Fifth Avenue Floral set and coloured it in with a single Copic pen – R20 – otherwise known as Blush for Cheeks! (lol) It was just the right colour to match up with the cardstock I had – which is from a DCWV stack.

The cream base card was stamped with Clings Leaves and one of the other flowers in the SU set. I also cut with my Big Shot a Nellies Frames die to layer the rose onto, as well as a new leaf die that I picked up recently. I’m sorry I don’t know what brand it is. The leaves were cut from cream cardstock and sponged with Kiwi Kiss and Always Artichoke SU inks.

This is Niki Estes card which is being “Cased”…

CASE Challenge #63

...and you can see more of her work at her blog HERE.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my Blushing Rose.
Have a great day Smile

6 comments:

Cheryl

GORGEOUS,I love this stamp set!!!
xx

Andrea Ewen

What a beautiful flower...in such a gorgeous color! Your card is a fabulous CASE of Niki's....I can see that you were wonderfully inspired! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

Olena

So cute card! Love it! Olena

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)

How lovely! Great stamping and nice colours :)

Teresa Kline

this is sooooo adorable, great coloring...hope you have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Trish and Treasure

Hi Vicki,
I love how you made your own background paper and how you coloured this beautiful rose stamp. These embossed leaves are brilliant and add a ice lift for your flower and I love your new die you have put your rose onto. Have a great day!
TRISH MUNRO