CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Blooming Case

Oooh, that sounds a bit rude don’t it? 

I’ve done the Case Study Challenge again this week, #59 - it is the Muses’ last week, and I really like Julie Lacey’s cards so had to get in on the action now or never!

This is my Card…

P1020623

The background paper is a little busier than Julies, but I love this paper. It’s from Kaiser’s Tea at Elsies collection. I layered it up with some dark blue cardstock and used the apricot colour across the top, along with a nice bright orange ribbon. (dark blue probably would have been nicer, but I didn’t have any – one for the shopping list!) The sentiment I collected for $1 in the bargain bin at my local craft shop and the brads were from my stash. I would have liked to use orange bling here, but it’s another thing that will go on the shopping list for next time. My brads are a little crooked….they’re supposed to be that way…honest they are! 

and this is the Muses card ( Muse being Julie Lacey)

Case Challenge #59

I really like the simplicity of Julie’s card. The banner of embossed card topped with ribbon is probably something I’ll use a lot more of in future. I’ve  used a favourite flower embossing folder on mine…

P1020624

I’ve had a big week-end in girl world so will be posting a few more cards too – keep an eye on this blog now…

Ciao for now Smile

2 comments:

Julie

Great job on this weeks challenge. That designer paper is fabulous with your embossing and the sentiment. Thanks for playing along at CASE Study.

cbuswell

Such a pretty card, LOVE the patterned paper you used! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!