CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fashion for Fun

Hi Everyone,

I had a play around with a technique using tissue paper over the week end and made this card just for the fun of doing it! It’s layered up on corrugated board and black glossy cardstock with lots of bits of lace and buttons and bling. A quickcuts “love” die cut and some stickers for Fashion on a punched & stamped label. It’s all turned out rather shabby / vintage -
I’m not sure what ! (lol)

Having come across the challenge at CASE Study Challenge blog to show off your “Signature” design – I thought I’d share it.

P1020456

I’m not sure that I have a “Signature” design as yet – I have only been making cards for a short while and am still experimenting with everybody else’s styles to see what I like.

This card was made without any guidance from sketches  or inspiration from anyone else, so I suppose it is all me coming out in it, which is why I’m entering it as the CASE Study Challenge # 54. I guess you never know your luck in the blog world do you Smile

The tissues I used had this lovely fashion dummy & dress pattern repeated over them and I bought them on impulse as the pattern was just the right size for cardmaking. I’ve played with the tissue paper technique before too, as seen on this full vintage-vogue-ish-canvassy-thingy I had made.

I hope you like it as much as I liked making it - Ciao for now Smile

2 comments:

Jean Martin

Fabulous technique! This is such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Sammi

oooh I love this card! That would be a nice style to have lol! wish I could create in that style! hehe
(hugs)
Sammi
xx