CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 20, 2011

Say it & Case it with Sunflowers

Hi Everyone,

I’ve had a lovely afternoon putting together a card I was working on over the week-end. Having made my own background paper with distress inks and glossy paper and a bit of water, I had to let it dry before I could use it!

I have used the Case Study Challenge for the layout and design of this card, trying to mimic the Case Muse for the week – who is Jill Foster.

The Annabelle Stamps Say It In challenge was perfect for this card….          

say_it_in_yellow_orange_turq

This is my card…..

P1020231

and this is Jill’s card
Case Challenge 44

Jill’s card has this wonderful background that I’m sure is done with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and water splashes. I gave it a go, unfortunately I went a little overboard with the colour and used way too much water to get little splash marks lol. Still I like the effect I achieved. I did end up using a backing plate to allow my flowers to stand out a little as my background colours were a little overwhelming.

My sentiment is an i cling stamp set – and yes – I bought it at the Brisbane Paper craft Fair Winking smile

Hope you all have a lovely week :)

7 comments:

Lisa Somerville

Beautiful - love your BG!

Jill

LOVE your background! So artsy and beautiful!! HUGS!

Andrea Ewen

Just gorgeous! Those flowers are simply stunning and the backdrop showcases them perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)

These sunflowers are really eye-catching! Great job with the inspiration, hugs! xx

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog

Amazing background, simply stunning card!
Thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle Stamps :)
Andrea

Sue Kohler

These colours mix brilliantly for the background, such an amazing effect! The flowers are absolutely gorgeous, a beautiful combination of both challenges! Thanks for sharing at CASE study and AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Trish and Treasure

Vicki, this card is magnificent , you've done an amazing job and I really enjoy the total variety of your cards.