Thursday, June 16, 2011
I’ve had some time to make a couple of cards in the same theme today and wanted to share them with you – and perhaps enter a couple of challenges too…
I liked the style of this card, but wanted to do it in a different colour. This one is not quite right with the “Rich Razzleberry” behind the burgundy flower which came out looking really red rather than pinkish. The script embossing folder looks great with the ink swiped over the raised parts. I did some peircing too to add a little detail.
Second time around I think I got the colour mix a lot better. I embossed with the ink in the folder this time which inked the background, I then also swiped over the raised letters as they didn’t quite stand out enough in white. The stamp I’ve used here is a Stampin Up two step stamp called Fast & Fabulous that I have masked to place the flowers in a group and coloured with 3 different inks – pumpkin pie, daffodil delight & tangerine.
I actually used the same sketch pattern as last weeks Case Study (missed the entry though duh!)
Have found a couple of other places to enter these into anyway….
Firstly over at Annabelles Stamps Blog the Say it with is masking and spongeing,which I have certainly done here.
Secondly at Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog #71 is Floral Showcase and I think my two cards both showcase the flowers beautifully.
That’s it for me for now – hope to have a very crafty week-end coming up so won’t be long till I’m back and blogging