Sunday, May 1, 2011

Case Study Counting with Friends

Hi Everyone,

I managed to steal a couple of hours in Girl World today and knocked up a card for the Case Study Challenge #37. This is the last week of caseing Silke Ledlow's work, which I have really enjoyed.

Here is my card...

This is Silke's card ....the one that I've cased this week...if you click on the picture it will take you to her blog and you can check out the rest of her's beautiful!

I made my flower from the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and some beautiful patterned papers (left overs). It has the inner sections rolled and I've glittered all over the place on the flower itself. The leaves are a Stampin Up die called "little leaves" and once again I've used my spellbinders Label die. A lovely cream satin ribbon, some pearls splashed around and a bit of a border stamped with Tea Dye ranger ink a quick rub on sentiment and there you have it!

It's not quite as professional as Silke's card, but I like it :)

Here's a close up of the flower, I'm very pleased with how these flowers come up...

I'm pretty sure the paper is from Kaiser - the Tea at Elsie's collection - which is a favourite of mine.

There is a you tube video tutorial showing how to make these gorgeous flowers, you can find it here.

I am hoping to get back into it tomorrow, being Labour Day public holiday and all...ironic really...labour day and nobody labours :)
Have a good one!



So pretty - and I love that sentiment! Thank for playing along at CASE Study this week.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)

So pretty indeed - great colours and I love this 3D flower! Thank you for joining us at the CASE Study!

Trish and Treasure

Great case study, and thanks for the private tutorial on how to make this flower