CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Double the Mojo

Hello fellow bloggers,

I finally made it into Girl World for some crafting time and ended up making two cards based on this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch - #181

The card I have made below is also going to be entered at the Case Study Challenge - Julee Tillman was the muse this month and I just loved the card she made!

So here is my card...I have used the Endless Summer Mat Stack & some Kaiser papers here, along with black ric-rac, my BossKut Flourish Die & the Stampin Up "Tres Chic" background stamp.


And here is both the Mojo sketch this week, and the card that inspired me to make it by Julee Tillman over at Case Study Challenge # 30.
I


I really enjoyed casing Julee's card - I have used the technique of stamping on patterned paper like Julee did and also matting of the elements on black card, I like how it really makes things stand out.


I did actually make another Mojo card - it was my first card, and while I like it - I think it's a bit busy and a little messy and out of whack. Here it is anyway - not to go to waste...






I used all sorts of papers here - even some home made papers that Trish & I made with oil paints to create a marbled effect. I have recently ordered some spellbinder circles and scalloped circles alas they have not arrived yet. They would have really come in handy here! Instead I punched out a pile of little flower punches and halved the flowers to use the petals behind my sentiment. It kinda looks like scallops.


The other sentiments are from my stash of "Gee I have no idea where that came from" stamp sets  :)

Hope you enjoy them.

6 comments:

Trish and Treasure

Wow love it!

Alicia

Wow! These are all gorgeous, but my fave is the middle one with the heart- just beautiful!!
Alicia xx

Aimes

Love the black accents on your first card - totally bring that card to life!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Julee (Vervegirl)

Such gorgeous cards! Love them both. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Lisa Lara

Art on a card! Wow. Love them both.

Sue Kohler

Stunning Cards, brilliant use of the sketches and the inspiration cards!
Thanks for playing along with us at CASE study! :)